Wednesday, September 9, 2009

american apparel

So I have just recently discovered the clothing brand American Apparel. Well, not so much discovered - I have seen adds for it all over the place and Alexi Wasser particularly loves the brand, and I suppose you could say that her blog is where I first actually had some kind of cemented contact with it. I have to say that I love the basicness of it, and how nineties the style seems to be, but just as modern as well. It really promotes the idea of the mix&match and can go with a lot of other things as well. I think most pieces are blenders, things that can filter into your closet and work well with lots of things, and you can get more than your money's worth for them if you treat them right.

My favourite thing that I really really want is probably this skirt/dress thing. I would probably just wear it as a skirt, or maybe underneath a sweater or vest and sometimes with leggings. It reminds me a lot of the skirt that Rachel Greene from Friends used to wear in the first season. It comes in an array of colours and they more than one style for it, and idk it's just the best thing they have. However, I also want the one in cardinal, the unisex Oxford long sleeve button up shirt in oxford blue, the sheer rib loose sleeveless dress, in nearly any colour, and their thigh highs are great, if not completely unrealistic when it comes to me and my inability to wear anything that I have to pull up every five minutes ...

2 comments:

SheenV said...

I love AA too - very sexy clothes.

ash said...

Yep, they're amazing : )