Saturday, August 22, 2009

So I was reading something today on human gene patenting. You say what?!? That's right - idiot people think that they can patent our genes and that it is 'constitutional'. This is ridiculous. I think that it shouldn't be allowed. This is one of those things I do not like about organized society. I have absolutely no problem about a law that says that you can't kill someone or you shouldn't steal from someone - they create a good sort of order. But there are laws and rules that I think go a little far. It makes me think about way back when, when there weren't laws and rules and ridiculous things you had to do for the greater population like car tag fines (don't get me started). I think there are some things people do just because they can and I feel that this gene patenting thing is one of them. It is the human body - it's been around a hell of a lot longer than any of these scientists or whoever else is 'patenting' genes. I would seriously love it if one of the patenters came up to me and demanded to use the genes of mine that are patented. Let's see how far their proof of patent gets them when it's just them and me and I don't know, my mace.

No comments: