Tuesday, February 24, 2009

shoes i am squeeing about



Free People is one of my favourite brands of clothing, and I might even venture to say my favourite over all. Enchantingly hobo in style, you can mix and match nearly anything they sell, and many of their pieces are made specifically to be layered. Their clothes are reminiscent of when little girls are five and their parents let them dress themselves. Finally we seek our parents approval, looking like a gap ad gone wrong with purple and teal striped leggings, a brown plaid skirt, and last Christmas's starched white blouse. Only, FP is more stylish and much more intentional. Pictures of lovelies I find may make their way into this blog, but right now I think I will just feature a round of boots that I have had on my 'you wish' list for a while now, with a few newer ones thrown in : )

The Hamilton Tall Buckle Wedge boot is along the same lines as a lot of the styles we are seeing today. They look very steam punk to me. I like the heel and how it's shaped, and I like how it looks from the front. The Beford Ankle boot is so cute - very much like those worn by women in the sixteenth century. I'd think they'd be a good match to a renaissance festival costume too, though : P They come in brown and grey, but I find I prefer the brown myself. The Linus Riding, We The Free Tomboy Scout, and Clermont boots are beautiful too. They're calf heights, with varying stresses on leather. I think that leather is important when it comes to boots, and how realistic it looks as well. I don't think I've ever seen a boot I liked that wasn't made of leather.

No comments: